Wednesday 17 August 2011

Signing On

If it's all the same to you, I would like to open my blog with a welcome and a disclaimer.

Firstly, hello. Thanks for reading my blog.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’m going to take a moment to apologise in advance for the posts that will follow over the next year or so. I have no clear format in mind for this blog, no update schedule, and no fixed writing style. Sometimes my posts may be brief, diary-like entries accompanied by a (incredibly amateur) photo and sometimes they may be closer in style to a short story, or a poem, or pretty much whatever else I’m in the mood for at the time. There may be long stretches where I neglect to write anything at all. Although I’ll try to keep my writing accessible to everyone, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to resist including the occasional in-joke or reference that only one or two of my readers may get. In short, this blog will almost certainly be a messy, unreadable, stagnant corner of the internet.












Still there?
Then let's do this thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin
    Delighted to hear from you. Glad to see your are settling in. The weather sounds lovely - sure beats the damp drizzle rain here in not so sunny Ireland. Even my chickens are a bit soggy today. They are huddled under the coop trying to keep dry. Keep up the brilliant blog. Lot of love from home. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cliona! I knew I could count on Deirdre to forward it on. We actually had a 20 hour thunderstorm two days after I posted. Flooding and landslides and everything, but luckily the city I'm in was okay. That'll teach me to doubt Yahoo weather!

    ReplyDelete